German Shepherds Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
This is a good thread. Cara Dean. I would suggest you talk to a SAR trainer before you do much work trailing. It's easier to train right originally rather than fix problems unintentionally taught training. There is good reading they can recommend also.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Well, I did track the boys the last two days. They didn't go as I wanted. I have zero time or patience right now. So I wasn't in the best of moods, but took them out anyway. Saturday's tracks I didn't record. They were longer and multi surface. I changed the type of reward I was using. They didn't go so well.

Yesterdays tracks were not what I was hoping for with either. The water was evaporating quick and I didin't know where the tracks went after a while. Neither of them ran their whole tracks, since I didn't know where they were, I pulled them off. There is still food on the track, but it's spaced out. Here are the videos of these tracks. I'm not happy with them at all, but's it's what I got done.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Sorry I have updated this at all. I had some KNPV friends out from Holland for 12 days. I haven’t tracked the boys as much as I had wanted. We were training other things, but we are back at it. Here is Winston’s track from today. He’s 6mo now. I think this was his first time seeing stairs. I didn’t think about that until after the track. There is a slight breeze going from left to right on the screen. I am doing 90 degree corners, and have zero water on the corners. Not a lot of food on the track, some leading into the corner, and then on the other side of the corner to let him know he’s on it. The water dried real quick, this was at a boat ramp, so I think the ground is used to the water.

https://youtu.be/9-sIZN9ZA9g

81 - 83 of 83 Posts