German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,412 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Over at my parents' house, cooking. Bird is baking. Not done. Not close. Starving. Smelling the smells. Made cream peas and carrots. Made augratin cauliflower. Need to peel the potatoes and put the yams in the oven. Waiting. Dogs are at my house. Fed. Waiting. Jello salads in the fridge. Cranberry sauce in the fridge. Dad made the pumpkin pies, they are in the fridge. Oh the smells! In facebook jail for responding to my sister's post about running the Turkey Trot. I responded that if they see me running, to shoot the idiot chasing me. That violates community standards. Oh well. So I am watching football and waiting for the turkey to decide to be done. I ate a bowl of chicken soup way back around noon. So I am not dying. Yet. 3 more days off work, hoping to get the puppies uptown, Xara and Eowyn, and maybe Columbo too, though he has turned 2 last month and is not a puppy anymore. Waiting. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but it does include a LOT of waiting.

·
Registered
29,412 Posts
Sigh....

The wait is over.

Now the pain that happens every year on this day, the pain, the consequence of the gluttony. And when that subsides just a little, the pie. Dad's pumpkin pie. So thankful, blessed with family and friends, with wonderful dogs, with a job and a home, and most importantly, with a powerful and loving God. It is my favorite holiday because other than the meal, it is not wrapped up with materialism and outside obligations. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
29,412 Posts
Baked mac and cheese with bread crumbs. Ok. I made baked cauliflower with cheese and we were out of bread crumbs. Dad made a couple of pieces of toast and rolled them out for the top. I told Mom we used toaster-shakings. LOL.

Reactions: Zeppy

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
And I turned my back while cleaning up and Duke snuck behind me and stuck his big ole head in the garbage bag next to me and I think he ate some bones. I did grab him and open his mouth for 2 to fall out. ^%(% dog! He needs a license plate.
That reminded me of my first dog in the 80's and my doggy-ignorance at that time. Garbage day was on Wednesdays in that city and on that day my dog had escaped into the neighborhood. My friend called me and told me, "I think your dog is in the neighbor's garbage". These garbage cans contained the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers from 6 days earlier..... OMG! I drove up and saw him upside down in a garbage can, eating what he could. When he saw me, he ran home (small town). At home he threw up something I didn't even want to look at and left him outside for several hours. He never got sick or injured from cooked bones but it was ugly. I learned so much from that dog.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts