German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a lot of you may know that I have been trying to lose weight for quite awhile. Well, I was sadly not able to follow through with a lot of it. I had no motivation and after Banjo’s death I just kind of went down hill. Then things got worse and worse, needless to say I basically said screw it and stopped trying altogether. I since then found my motivation and my other animal passion. My motivation and passion obviously works, because I lost 6 pounds in one week! I can’t tell you how awesome that feels to say and how awesome it is to see a new number on the scale, especially since I’m losing the weight.

What is my motivation and my other new passion you may ask? Well, my motivation is to get up off of my butt and work my dogs’ every single day. They need me and they need to be worked more. I also found out that set aside from trick training for movies/commercials/TV shows I really, really, really, REALLY, enjoy Agility! Not a day goes by that I don’t think about how if I work my butt off, get to my goal weight of 160 lbs, that just maybe I could make it to the Purina Agility Championship, or Crufts (Agility also) to represent the USA!! Wouldn't that be amazing!? I think so!

Anyways, I am extremely excited that I lost 6 pounds in one week. So I felt the need to share and get some of my excitement out! Which apparently isn't leaving because I found out I lost the 6 pounds in one week two days ago!! XD

Oh and here are two agility videos of me and Rex!! I am SO happy with Rex and the things that we have already accomplished! :D

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Way to go!!!!! Be proud. BTW I am a life time weight watchers member. I understand weight issues.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Good Job. I have been super skinny in the past(many many years ago) and I need to lose weight now, but I feel like you do, 160 pounds is a nice weight and it can be a healthy weight. Just remember that at certain points you will stop losing for a while and then you have to figure out ways to break through, but don't give up. Nice agility work with Rex, he is a beautiful dog:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Job. I have been super skinny in the past(many many years ago) and I need to lose weight now, but I feel like you do, 160 pounds is a nice weight and it can be a healthy weight. Just remember that at certain points you will stop losing for a while and then you have to figure out ways to break through, but don't give up. Nice agility work with Rex, he is a beautiful dog:)

Thank you so much! Exactly, and I will find that break through! Yes, he is a very beautiful boy, but I could be biased! ;)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Good for you!!! You can do anything you put your mind to, and I might add, you've got a GREAT agility dawg in the making there:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOL it's funny you bring this up. I've lost 35 lbs since last july -- at age 50 I am at the lowest weight I have EVER been in my whole adult life. ( even high school)....Roxy came home with us a month ago..and I've lost 3 more lbs and am building arm muscle! GO GSD FITNESS TRAINING!!! WOOT!

ps I hope it's not against the rules to plug for other sites...but if you are looking for a great place to get motivation ...try myfitnesspal.com. That has been what has helped me lose my 35 lbs. It's a free site where you keep track of exercise, food etc. If anybody joins let me know and I'll friend you on there. It's just another good tool for a healthy life.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you!!! You can do anything you put your mind to, and I might add, you've got a GREAT agility dawg in the making there:)
Thank you, and I believe I do too!!

LOL it's funny you bring this up. I've lost 35 lbs since last july -- at age 50 I am at the lowest weight I have EVER been in my whole adult life. ( even high school)....Roxy came home with us a month ago..and I've lost 3 more lbs and am building arm muscle! GO GSD FITNESS TRAINING!!! WOOT!

ps I hope it's not against the rules to plug for other sites...but if you are looking for a great place to get motivation ...try myfitnesspal.com. That has been what has helped me lose my 35 lbs. It's a free site where you keep track of exercise, food etc. If anybody joins let me know and I'll friend you on there. It's just another good tool for a healthy life.

Oh that's awesome! Congratulations on that, and I'll definitely check the site out!

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Good luck on meeting your goals! I'll be rooting for you to succeed.

It doesn't matter how many times you fail, you only have to succeed once to become a success.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts