German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year on New Years Day, I brought Blitz home from his foster mom.

He was originally abandoned in a dog park in Las Vegas where an elderly woman noticed he'd been there for awhile and turned him into the local GSD rescue. After being there for a few months he was transported to Arizona in hopes that he would find a home here, which he did. :D

He was listed at the rescue as 8 years old, however my vet agree's that he's yonger- around 5 to 6.

His Petfinder photo:

A few months after being home:

After our move to Flagstaff:

And these were taken today, he's sporting his new Palisades pack (minus the actual pack part), that my dear boyfriend got us for Christmas:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
How rewarding to see his progress! Beautiful pictures - especially love the one on the rock and the winter woods in the sun. So handsome.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Abandoned at a dog park?!!! What is wrong with people!!! :( :( So glad he found a better home.

The woman who found him said he'd been there about a week. Not sure what he was eating.

He has lingering dog reactivity issues that probably weren’t helped by being surrounded by strange dogs all day.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah, he definitely looks MUCH younger than 8. What a gorgeous boy.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Beautiful dog, thanks for giving him a home with lots of love.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Wow, what a change! He's obviously happy and healthy now- he probably did look much older in the condition he was in.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Happy Adoption Day--you are looking great!

Rafi sends special wishes: he came home 3 years ago on 12/31 and he has also made an incredible turnaround.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Happy Adoption Day--you are looking great!

Rafi sends special wishes: he came home 3 years ago on 12/31 and he has also made an incredible turnaround.
Aw, Blitz sends his regards to Rafi.

It always rewarding to see the changes they go through, both physical and mental. Blitz is no longer afraid of pen clicks and fast moving hands, though the toaster is still a little frightening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts