German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's weird! Anytime we rub/pet her on her right or left side, she pulls her fur to the side being petted and taps the back leg of the side you're rubbing. Same goes for if you pet her on her chest, except one ear goes back and one stands up and she looks like a total goofy, drunken dog. This has started within the last month or two since we switched to Acana Wild Prairie food. Our Golden doesn't do this. Is it an allergy issue? My hubby is really bothered by it. She seems to be scratching, gnawing at herself more, too. I'm guessing it's an allergy? Sucks because we just found Acana that she actually really likes and we don't have to coat it with canned food or yogurt to make her eat. :(

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It's weird! Anytime we rub/pet her on her right or left side, she pulls her fur to the side being petted and taps the back leg of the side you're rubbing. Same goes for if you pet her on her chest, except one ear goes back and one stands up and she looks like a total goofy, drunken dog.
snip......She seems to be scratching, gnawing at herself more, too. I'm guessing it's an allergy?
You probably have two different things going on. The gnawing and scratching could be dry skin etc.
The goofy drunken dog look and leg tapping is probably pure bliss...you're petting the right spot. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told hubby the drunken look was a sign of happiness! He didn't believe me at all and saw no humor in it. :( Dry skin - good advice! This is dry Colorado so make great sense to me now. Is there anything to help that other than a bath? I despise giving her a bath by myself and don't have any help until Friday.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
You can add a raw egg to her food- there are fish oil supplements that can help as well with the dry skin. I bet she looks really funny when you hit that spot- Stosh has an Elvis expression, kind of curls one side of his lip and shows a tooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts