German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for those of you who use haltis. Is it possible to use a halti and a muzzle at the same time?

Chloe suffers from Sudden environmental change and will react to people who appear too suddenly. We're working on this but in the meantime, one of the things the trainer recommended was to use a halti to help guide her head back to me when we are approaching people.

May just have to just use the basket muzzle until I know more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yes, I have a larger size than his "normal" one that fits over a muzzle. I have a plastic Jayco muzzle from Leerburg - I suppose it depends on how big your muzzle is if there is a Halti that fits over the top

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think I would feel more comfortable with the halti being under the muzzle. I just looked at my (plastic)basket muzzle and if I was in your position I would feel comfortable removing a small piece of plastic on the side to put the snap through the muzzle. I do not feel that removing the small piece would compromise the muzzle. I think if done correctly the snap would be able to freely move inside the muzzle and outside of it.
Good luck. It DOES get better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts