German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo had been fighting DM for nearly a year and a half. Several weeks ago she developed pancreatitis, and despite our hope that she would get past it she continued to get worse. Sunday evening we made the difficult and painful decision to let her go peacefully. We had vowed to fight with her as long as she was able to fight, but finally she was no longer able to do so and we knew that it was time. :(

Halo was supremely confident and totally fearless from the time we got her at 10 weeks old, all the way from Connecticut. She was a stealer of kitchen knives, a shredder of potholders, and an eater of toilet paper, she was my hiking companion and my flyball racer. Halo was brilliant, competitive, clever, devious, sometimes annoying, exasperating, sweet, affectionate, intense, opinionated, and funny. She made us laugh nearly every day. She was delightful. She was loved and she loved us. We will always miss her. :wub:

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Run free little one!

Reactions: Cassidy's Mom

·
Super Moderator
7,952 Posts
One of my favorite girls....has finally earned her Halo :halogsd:

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
Oh Debbie, I’m so sorry. This one made me cry.

·
Super Moderator
6,713 Posts
So very sorry Debbie.Halo had a wonderful too short life.Love the puppy picture:)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss... It's devastating losing them when you know there should be more time ahead for them... My heart aches for you guys.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this. She's a beautiful girl.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I am so so sorry....

I remember the first time seeing pics of Halo years ago, and thinking she’s the prettiest GSD I’ve ever seen! I have enjoyed seeing her pictures over the years.

Run free pretty girl

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Oh my, I am so very, very sorry to hear this Cassidy's mom :'( . She was absolutely stunning! I am sure her and Lulu are running and playing beyond the rainbow bridge together waiting for us slowpoke humans! My thoughts are with you.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
No matter how long, it is never long enough......they leave such a hole in your heart

I am so sorry Deb, DM is devastating......

<<<<hugs>>>>

Lee

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Heartfelt condolences Debbie, she was a stunningly beautiful girl! RIP Halo!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts