German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,436 Posts

·
Registered
10,179 Posts
It improved the Bulldog for sure. Do you know that these breeds are his parents for sure,? If, I have to complement nature for getting rid of genetic craziness in the F1 generation. He looks good!

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Got any pictures of the parents?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It improved the Bulldog for sure. Do you know that these breeds are his parents for sure,? If, I have to complement nature for getting rid of genetic craziness in the F1 generation. He looks good!
His father is a large full blooded Shepherd. Mother is full blooded English. A man that breeds both had an accident on his farm. I saw both parents. Both appeared to be high quality breeding dogs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I’m sure. I met my dogs parents. Both high quality breeding dogs. It was an accident at a location where both types of dogs are bred.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Yes I’m sure. I met my dogs parents. Both high quality breeding dogs. It was an accident at a location where both types of dogs are bred.
Where does your dog get its color from?

Reactions: Shadow Shep

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG Rocky might have been the cutest puppy!!!
Thanks! He really was a cute puppy. He was small for about two weeks - but it was fun while it lasted!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,436 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very good looking dog. Other than the height which still favors the shepherd, it looks to have gone to something very close to the original English bulldog. I’m sure @berno von der seeweise would love to see this.
Thank you and I agree. He is taller than I expected. I’ve had two Germans and loved them both. I always wanted an English but was scared off by the health issues. When this guy became available I said why not. He has been a great dog so far. Extremely smart. A little stubborn but great with kids. He’s a serious home protector. Everyone here knows how great Shepherds are of course. He has a lot of that but some good bulldog traits too. My neighbor has three full blooded shepherds. Rocky can certainly hold his own and then some against a large Shepherd when they get irritated with one another. When people see him walking they are always like “what is that thing!!!”

1 - 20 of 22 Posts