German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completely forgot about the small training aid I had put inside the cupholder on a folding chair on the deck earlier this morning. I took Beau out for a walk and obedience, came back, and left him to just chill in the backyard as I usually do...and went to work on my computer -- window overlooks the deck so I can see what is going on out there.

So I look up and see this puppy sitting there staring at the arm of the chair. He sees me in the window and holds the sit. I leave, get his toy go outside and reward him at source. He is still holding the sit when I get to him.

I am right proud of that unintentional test!

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Good Puppy!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
I just LOVE it when my dogs offer trained behaviours on their own without any influence from me! What a smartie pants!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
nice!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Aww, good puppy! I think that is just awesome! I'm glad your pup found it, lest you forgot it completely and had company come over and set their cup in that cup holder, :D

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was very pleased....it is our training goal but when we started working on the indication at the beginning of the month he would just as soon grab the training aid and run with it...He is 8 months old now.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Good job Beau! Congrats to you too for all you hard work Jocoyn.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Smartie pants! lol :D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Aww what a good and smart boy!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will defer on the good part. Mr Smarty pants did get out of his crate while I was making myself lunch and completely destroyed a wooden clothes hangar........I should be grateful.

I need to find him a safe chew toy that will give the same shredding satisfaction that wood seems to give him because he really likes to chew on that which is not such a good thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts