German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to give an update on Gunner.
Since my husband built him a Bailey Chair (Sunday), we have not had any regurgitation. That's a good sign since he threw up several times a day a couple days prior.
We are feeding him twice a day, am and pm, in his chair. He spends about 10 min at a time in there now but we are building up that time.
He has been keeping his food down and his energy has even improved. Does it happen that fast?

We don't want to jinx ourselves, but things are going very well so far.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who offered advice and resources.
We are very appreciative and optimistic!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wonderful news. I had to google Bailey Chair as I had never heard of it. Very neat. Thank you for teaching me something new today! I hope Gunner does well with it.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
That is great news! I hope he continues to do well.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
great news!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is great to hear! I'm sure he feels better actually getting the food to his tummy. Does he go willingly into the Bailey chair?

We have started Neko on sucalfrate and (fingers crossed) she is a lot less "gurgly" at night. MegaE is a lot of work but I feel these guys are worth it. Hope it continues to go well for Gunner.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Glad that Gunner is doing better. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you all! He really seems to be doing better. We even saw a full belly last night..like a little Buddha. That's very rare for us to see or feel food in his stomach. I am excited to weigh him soon :)

Zan- he does actually go in there. We have to get him to for the food, he will do anything for it! But he gets in and sits with his paws up for the food. Getting him to stay for some time after feeding is harder but he is doing pretty well.

I hope Neko is doing great! They really are worth it

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Such great news he is doing so well! Love the tubby belly thing myself!

He CAN start doing better that quickly. It's amazing how being able to keep food in and digesting makes such a difference!

Be aware, that if he's doing well at 10 minutes in the chair, you don't HAVE to build up the time!!! It just means that it takes only 10 minutes for the food to leave his esophagus and get all into his stomach. That's a great thing cause the less the time needed, the less afflicted he is and better the outcome.

You are doing exactly what is needed. Educating yourself. Figuring out what works best for YOUR dog in YOUR situation. Being aware that this can change too as he starts improving and getting healthier!

:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts