German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
LOL !! Got any yard work? I 'd have him doing all kinds of things:)))

·
Registered
316 Posts
You and your husband are truly magnificent people. I don't know if I could have been that nice.
You know...all through this thing I kept thinking the same thing.
Except I KNOW I wouldnt of been so nice. In fact I would have
probably wound up in jail after beating the crap out of the guy.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm so glad to hear the guy is trying to make amends, and that he met Stosh and he was friendly with him. I guess that just made him feel guiltier about the whole thing.
He probably feels so bad he can't help saying things he shouldn't when trying to explain himself, hence those comments.

You're definitely very nice people, and I hope Stosh gets better and this guy ends up being a better neighbor.
At least you got a plumber for free, hehe!!

Hugs for you and Stosh!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I told my husband about the in-ground sprinklers--we have 8 acres!! That would keep him busy. Part of our plumbing problems have to do with our septic tank and field line- we need to add a new one. The guy [his name is Chance --perhaps a commentary on his paternity?] said he'd put on in for us. So now we have this guy cleaning our drains and working on the septic tank, up to his elbows in muck. I was really mad at my husband for not taking money for the vet bills but this is oh so much better!! Somebody said something about karma...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
LOL He's on massive poo duty and love the comment about his name...maybe his parent's knew he didn't have a chance so they thought they were increasing his odds by naming him Chance:D

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I'm really glad to see he feels guilty and that he is trying to make amends. I would suck him for all of the free plumbing you can get! It will probably take a lot to equal the vet bills for Stosh anyway. I'm glad Stosh is doing well too. Hopefully, now that he has met his victim and seen what a great dog he is and how much damage he did, your neighbor will think twice next time he wants to point his gun into the woods and pull the trigger!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So this is weird- seems like karma is raining down all in one day. After having Chance the shooter here and all that went with that situation, my husband is out on the deck grilling just like the night Stosh was shot. So Stosh goes out with him [except now he has bright orange tape streamers tied to his collar] and all is going well--until somebody starts shooting off firecrackers. Stosh is fine with that until they get to the really big deep BOOM BOOM stuff. He's trying to be casual about it but he decides 'you know, I think I'll go inside and see what mom's doing'. I was at the kitchen counter cutting up vegetables and Stosh lays his body right against the back of my legs, like he's hugging me. He's never done that before. It seems everything hit home for all of us tonight.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised, but happily so. Our drains have been cleaned out and repairs on our septic system completed by the guy who shot Stosh. The estimates we had on the drain cleaning from another company- $175, the repairs $2048-- a lot more than Stosh's medical bills. The shooter, Chance, brought in a crew of 2 to help, 2 truckloads of gravel, a backhoe, pipe, did a great job. Such a strange set of circumstances but I'm glad we've all reached a basic feeling of resolution. I could still strangle him and some nights wake up with the image of Stosh coming out of the woods bleeding with a hole in his face but when I see how well he's doing now...and wash a load of laundry...I have to appreciate his efforts to make amends any way he can. My husband's such a great guy- we would never have gotten to this settlement if we had done what I wanted to do!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Congratulations on being able to work out a solution. I think it's great that the guy actually came through and did the work for you.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
So glad that things are working out for you, and that your Stosh is getting better.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The acid test--I'm going to run the dishwasher! I look at my sweet strong dog and think of the image of Chance petting him while Stosh was looking him in the eye and wagging his tail. I don't think any of us will ever forget the many lessons he's taught us

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for asking, he's doing really really well- putting on weight, playing, happy! The two drugs are helping quite a bit, but I increased the dose of the pilocarpine, the drug that makes the body produce moisture, to two drops and he got an upset stomach. So we're off for a few days then back to one. I think it's going to do the trick!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Being able to forgive and be the better person says volumes about you and your husband! Glad your neighbor is trying to make amends.
completely agree...that's wonderful, I know you have been through a lot.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Stosh has been so strong and agreeable to all treatments and so very forgiving to us all...a true German Shepherd Dog. I've learned a lot from him

21 - 38 of 38 Posts