German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well- it isn't the Sony RX100 (or maybe the Nikon 1 J3) that I want, but I picked up a Canon 20D with the kit 18-55mm for a steal. The lens is utter crap, so I replaced it with a 40mm prime (f/2.8) which came in the mail today. I did a little playing around at lunch.

It's hard to take pictures with this brick of a camera and play with the dogs at the same time! I'm still getting used to the DOF as well, as I find it really hard to see through the view finder.

I think it'll be a pretty good shooter once I figure out the settings a bit more... Enjoy the pics! (GRRRRR! Apparently my Photoshop "resize" action is jacked up for portrait photos.)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Fantastic! You already take great photos with your Point and Shoot, looking forward to seeing even more pictures now :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
DSLRs are definitely a chore trying to use if you're also trying to position and command your dog. Not exactly a one-handed camera like a point and shoot.

Great pictures though. :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Very nice! Your dog reminds me of Ossie. :halogsd:

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awesome photos! :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Great first shots :) I agree that DSLRs are quite chunky to handle along with a dog :D Gunther just seems to love to smear my filters with his nose too which is super fun to clean off.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Nice dog. The DSLR are my favorite.
Same here - I don't mind the size at all. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who still takes my DSLR everywhere with me anyway!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Same here - I don't mind the size at all. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who still takes my DSLR everywhere with me anyway!
I usually have it in my SUV unless it needs to be charged and I forget to put it back...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts