German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just could not pass it up at that price. Figure a great way to document our training and search coverage since he works mostly offlead. The team has one but it is tied to 7 collars for team use. This I can use for training and searches. I know the DC50 collar is being discontinued but the 320 handset is not and the new T5 collar really does not bring that much more to the plate for me. And it comes with long range antennas.

Garmin® Astro 320/DC 50 Bundle : Cabela's

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I am so on the fence with this. I really want one, and there is so much I can learn from it (with regards of how my dog works). But I just don't know if I can justify the expense........You'll have to let me know how this works for you as a training tool.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I already know how it will work out.....I manage GPS' for our team during live searches. One problem with a pasive alert dog is if he goes out of sight and gives his trained response he may wait a long time for me to get to him. Going to get the aerial subscription as well. I already have the topos to download to the GPS...but $399 is less than the handheld with no collar goes for...

Knowing coverage will help a lot with search reports as well as analyzing gaps.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Gosh darn, I thought you were going to say 'a wife'!!

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no girly dogs for Beau though I am sure he would like that idea :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts