German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was looking through the OFA site last week for some related info and remembered coming across a link that showed radiographs with examples of what OFA considered normal, etc. etc. so looked it up again. Here it is: Orthopedic Foundation for Animals: Hip Dysplasia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i've look at that page but the pictures are small and to my untrained eye, i can't even tell the difference between mild and good.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It would be great if one of the breeders would give some input here as many of them see a lot of hip x-rays. That being said (and with the disclaimer that I am neither a vet nor a breeder and my opinion is just that, an opinion), from having discussed hip x-rays over the years with my vet for my dogs, it looks like they could be considered normal. That is a rating you want. I hope this helps and I hope that is what you get. With some luck you will get more opinions from other board members.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
My untrained eye.. Should get a good rating..

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I'd say OFA good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just looked at your hip X-ray. Please let us know how OFA grades them. They look similar to my male's hips that were X-rayed a couple of months ago. The vet thought they looked good, but to my surprise and delight they came back excellent. Your dog's hips look a lot like my dog's X-rays.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
They look fine, the heads are shaped nice and symmetrical, they are tight in the sockets, position is good....they certainly will pass IMO - probably a good - maybe even excellent....but they certainly are not bad

Please post the results!

Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts