German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my husband and I suspect the breeder lied out our new little girls real age. I won't say how old they told us she was so as not to influence your guess, but how old? Pic is our first day home.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Looks like around seven or seven and a half weeks. Maybe eight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
She certainly looks too young to leave her mother.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I was thinking 4-5 weeks myself, but they were saying 6 weeks. It was more the eyes, they still had the hazel blue look vs the brown they have now, along with the crossed look.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
If she is in fact that young certainly not ideal. They benefit tremendously from the mom & litter mates but that doesn't mean she won't be a good girl & an outstanding companion!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is actually great. Thankfully I'm still in baby mode, so it hasn't been a real struggle dealing with another baby (we have 4. Ages 7months, 2, 6 & 7.) It also helps that she is rarely left alone and I won't lie, the first couple weeks she slept with us until she adjusted to the crate at night.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would say 4 weeks old I saw your other post with your son and just had to look at your profile as she looked way too young I am glad you are aware of her real age too bad she was not able to stay with mom longer I am sure she will be a great pup enjoy her she is beautiful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very very cute! Shame on the breeder for lying about her age. The next time you get a new pup, keep in mind that 6 weeks (the age you thought she was) is actually too young as well. Pups may be eating solid food at that age, but they really need to stay with mom and the litter until 8 weeks, for mental development.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts