German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the pedigree where my puppy comes from. This is the sires name and I can see that it goes back 6 generations. I am new to documentation from from breeders so where can I find out more information? The females name is just Maya Konopka.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Please try again - the pedigree link or picture was not in your post. Thanks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Are both parents registered?
If so Did you get the registration form form the breeder?
The easiest way for me to find info on a dog not listed on the pedigreedatabase. Is to go on the AKC website and purchase the online research pedigree. You need the registration name and possibly number. Its about $12 or so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you elaborate? I am so new to pure breeds it's not even funny. My malamute came from a pet shop and not a breeder 12 years ago. I know now I shouldn't have purchased her from there but 12 years ago I didn't know any better. The sire is incredible looking btw, and yes both parents are registered. I am thinking about breeding but I am waiting to see if I am up for the task, and if it's worth the toll on her body. Not 100% on this one I love the breed but not completely familiarized with it yet. Malamutes are a whole different story, I have been around them my whole life.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Uhh, well, look at the parents/grandparents, etc.

Corus Mi-Pe-Ka was bred to Ke-Ra-Ne-Ma'S Lady Tara -- this produced Cora Cova Von Stonehill and Baron Trooper Von Stonehill -- full siblings. Baron Trooper is Gucci's paternal grandsire; Cora Cova is Gucci's maternal grand-dam.

Cora Cova was bred to Maxamillion Von Stonehill to produce Gucci's mom. Baron Trooper was bred to a daughter of Maxamillion to produce Gucci's dad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts