German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Love and happiness are incredible immune system boosters. Love and happiness also heal by unknown ways. Hand sanitzer is your friend. I say go for it.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Sabis- Yes thank you sounds like a smart doctor and happy to hear of your great sucesss! That make me felt Better to as certain people and I know they care are scaring me and driving me nuts. I don’t think I would fare well without my animals just the thought makes me incredibly depressed. I was talking to someone else she said if it was not for her cat who was next to her side the entire time she would not be around. I believe it to. It is why they are here.

Comet - thank you! I will have to talk to doctors but it just seems I just have to be safe
about it is what I’m getting.
I am currently waiting for 6 month results to see if I am clear. Nobody mentioned anything during my treatment about dogs. All I know is that when I was trying to be upbeat with my kids and family, my girl was the one who I could cuddle who i didn't have to pretend with and didn't ask questions. And in the darkest days was the one who got me out of the house even if it was a walk to the end of the street. Wishing you all the best x

For the survey:

Couch (invitation only)
Beds, very rarely (invitation only)
When I am away (god only knows lol)
I’m wishing you all good news!!! Yeah they sure have that special gift of bringing light into the dark. Max also had alerted to what I already had found but I knew when he did - I had no doubt what the results would be so I was a bit prepared when I heard the news.

·
Super Moderator
4,859 Posts
Ckatz, are they allowed on the bed?

I am wondering how those who sleep in their bed with GSds do about all the hair. But that is for another thread.
I brush both of my dogs every night. Not only does it cut down on loose hair but it also removes dirt, sticks, bugs, leaves, or whatever else is hiding under all that fur (big-boy is a coatie). To be honest, the wall that he likes to lay down next to is dirtier than my bed sheets!

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I had spoke to the doctor and my anxiety extremely eased. They are aware of how healing animals are and they said each case is invidual and they always check my white blood count so i am feeling so much better. A good close friend had known someone that did not fare to well And only meant well. They even welcome therapy dogs to come visit chemo patients getting chemo and that was incredibly comforting to know that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Diesel has free rein of the house, he gets hair every where, but he is happy!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
And those who do not allow dogs in the bed or on the furniture- why is that? It is part of my research.

·
Super Moderator
5,764 Posts
And those who do not allow dogs in the bed or on the furniture- why is that? It is part of my research.

I spent the better part of the morning with Scarlet snuggled up to me on the couch (I’m off work due to an ice storm). I’d love to have her sleep with me, but the cats sleep in my bedroom. While Scarlet is pretty good with them, I don’t think we’d get much sleep if all three are in the bed. Carly & Russ aren’t good with cats, so they are definitely out of the question as far as the bed goes.

·
Super Moderator
2,575 Posts
No dogs on the bed because....

1. I don't bathe them daily. On any given day one or both of them run across giant mountains of mulch or dirt, or through the chicken run or the goat yard. One of them works livestock on a bigger farm at least once a week, and they both swim in the lake constantly. I don't want that in the bed.

2. There's too much chaos already, and I need to sleep. We have remote temperature alarms on our greenhouses that blow up my cell phone in the middle of the night if temps drop too low, and my husband is also a volunteer firefighter and ambulance driver and runs out the door in the middle of the night when there's some crisis or another. When things are quiet, between the rest of the chaos, sleep is good.

BUT. When I travel, rules are off, and both dogs sleep on the bed. Because neither of the above is a problem. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,764 Posts
BUT. When I travel, rules are off, and both dogs sleep on the bed. Because neither of the above is a problem. :)

Ah, I miss traveling to dog shows with Sage, just the two of us in a hotel room. Except half the time that little stinker would sleep on the other bed.

·
Super Moderator
5,764 Posts
Lol I have so many photos of that silly dog on hotel beds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ckatz, are they allowed on the bed?

I am wondering how those who sleep in their bed with GSds do about all the hair. But that is for another thread.
No, not the bed... just the couches, which are leather and clean easily. She heads straight into her crate when we go upstairs and she pretty much stays there through the night unless one of us gets up and uses the restroom or something in the middle of the night. The cat is usually on the bed and the two of them would mess with each other too much if we started allowing the bed thing. Lol She never even tries to get up anyway. She likes her crate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
My little 4 month old is allowed on the couch and bed. He doesn't go on both overly frequently, he prefers sleeping on the cold tile floor over everywhere else. Only times he's on the couch is when he's feeling snuggly, or when we're playing because he likes to jump up on there as part of his "fly around" phase. He basically grabs the toy and then does a mini-zoomie attack that ends on the couch before coming back to me.

For bedtime he typically sleeps on a big dog pillow I have beside my bed, but he'll move throughout the night between his crate, the pillow and the floor. He's only climbed into my bed once on his own but every once and awhile (especially if he's over excited at bed time) I'll put him on the bed myself. He knows bed=sleeptime, no horsin around!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I used to have a big Iguana that was allowed on the couch. Not in the bed- those scratchy toenails.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I can’t even sleep if Max is not sleeping in the bed with me. Luna will occasionally sleep in the bed to but she does like to patrol the down stairs which how great is that german Shepherd on every level. I do change the sheets a lot and cover the bed with a top sheet. They do have to be clean though and not dirty. Both are big snugglers. I like the room cool so do they. If I feel the dogs are taking over the couches I will put a chair on them. To block them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Our 7 month old GSD puppy sleeps in a crate at night and is allowed on the furniture when invit d up which is everyday lol. Our 10 yr old Lab/Hound mix sleeps in our bedroom in his dog bed. Only sleeps in bed with me when my husband travels for work. He is also allowed on the furniture.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
My fur babies are all allowed on the bed and on the sofa in the living room and our recliners. Luckily, none of them have ever tried to chew on furniture but they have all destroyed dog beds.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts