German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, my rescue had our annual reunion picnic. The day started out with some rain but the sun was shining by the time we packed up (and then it started pouring again as soon as I got home!).

Here are a couple of pictures for your enjoyment. There were over 20 GSDs there and a few non-GSDs. Everyone was well behaved for the most part.

My baby, Kaiser, at his first picnic

Left to Right is Harley, Lady and Boone. All seniors. Lady is a hospice foster.

Baby (foster dog). She has really severe separation anxiety and allergies. She did very well at the picnic though.

Lupo. The only one of my previous fosters that showed up this year (unless you count Kaiser).

Pretty girl Bella. She kept trying to get Kaiser to play. We're going to schedule a play date soon.

The white GSDs always win the look alike contest!

Most of the group

Kaiser sacked out at the end.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. It made me emotional. I guess because these beautiful GSD got a 2nd chance & their are caring dedicated people that see to it that it happens.

Thank you for sharing & for the hard work you do.

·
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what happened with Lady?? My heart goes out to her!!
Lady has DM. She was 9 years old when she was dropped off at the city shelter. We took her in May 2010 so that she could live out her last days in comfort. It's been a year and she is still going strong despite the progression of her disease (she started using the cart on Thanksgiving day 2010). Lady has so much zest for life and you can see it all over her face.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts