German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that their GSD's seem more gentle/careful w/kids, and not so much w/adults? Kodee is in training to become (hopefully) a certified therapy dog. He's almost 9 mos old, and I got him at 7 wks. I have 2, 4, and 6 yr old kids. I have noticed that when other kids give Kodee treats (when we are out socializing) he seems to be more gentle taking treats from little ones than adults. Not that he's aggressive w/adults, but he just seems more "careful" with the little ones.

Then, tonight, I was playing catch w/Kodee in the living room (it's raining outside), and he wasn't outing the ball for me - I was taking it out of his mouth. Then my 6 yr old DD comes out, and Kodee actually drops the ball on the floor and waits for her to pick it up and throw it!!! I thought the first time was a fluke, but he did it four times total, obviously intentionally. I couldn't believe it. I'm so impressed w/him - he just loves his kiddos.

Anyone else noticed this type of behavior???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.