German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
5,920 Posts
Actually the national club (GSDCA) does do a lot with obedience even featuring the obedience GSD's in at least one issue of The Review (the monthly magazine published by the GSDCA) every year.

They also do a lot with working dogs through the WDA affiliation. They have a lot of information on herding and even Rally. Anyone with a GSD should definetly look into the GSDCA and esp. Their web site - lots of great information for GSD owners and potential owners. www.gsdca.org

Of course there is a lot of conformation stuff there as well, but if anyone is not into that aspect of our dogs, just ignore that stuff.

· Banned
5,920 Posts
There is always some areas of fussing with each other. I believe quite a while ago the SV told the WDA they had to affiliate with the GSDCA and you can imagine how well that went over.

And no question that folks should join a local club - I agree with you that a good local club is a great organization to join. Wish we had one where i am.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.