German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering adopting another GSD for some time now. I think my boy DJ needs a play pal for when I'm away at work. I found a four yr ole female in the Central Texas Rescue (puppy mill dog) with almost identical markings as DJ (could pass for his big sister) however she has heartworms for which the shelter is saying they will treat before adopting the animal out. I always heard the treatments are very hard on the animal, is this true ? How concerned should one be with an animal who has had heartworms, what are the health issues that may follow ?
She is a beautiful animal, I would really like to give her a home !

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard that the treatments could possibly be terminal and the animal is then susceptible to all sorts of aliments following. Has anyone here had an animal with HW and survived to live a productive and happy life afterwards ? I am hoping the infestation is not so far progressed to be detrimental !!! :(

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your reply to this thread. Has put my mind at ease about giving this Lady a now and forever Home. I am hoping DJ takes a shine to her as I have. I started adoption proceedings yesterday. Pray all goes well with her treatments ! :wub:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.