German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
wow that is one lucky doggie!! I love her name though Northbound haha. I hope she gets adopted to a good home soon

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I am disappointed that police had to Taser her to subdue her because "she was attempting to attack them" (paraphrasing here). Let's see ... a stray dog who has been running through traffic and has now being cornered by Police - she's stressed and frightened. There probably was zero need to Taser her to subdue her.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With as many dogs being shot by the police lately, I'm a little surprised she wasn't shot too.

One lucky dog indeed.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Watching the video, my heart is so warmed by the sight of so many people attempting to help this dog. Stopping in the middle of the freeway and actually getting out of their vehicle trying to catch her. Thumbs up Philly!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
To be honest, with all the stories in the news about police shooting dogs... tazing the dog is a lot better than just shooting it.

I am happy to hear that they made reference to her/him? (news person says her, but they then say him?) being friendly. It's obvious the dog was under a lot of stress and just reacting to the situation, nice to see the shot a the end with her/him standing next to the person with the leash in the shelter.

Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Watching the video, my heart is so warmed by the sight of so many people attempting to help this dog. Stopping in the middle of the freeway and actually getting out of their vehicle trying to catch her. Thumbs up Philly!
I agree, that made me smile too. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know. They could have gotten run over too. That was endearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts