German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's called 'Untold STories of the ER" It seems a patient came into the ER that was becoming violent and dangerous, tossing around Dr's, nurses etc. The Doctor in charge summoned "Wolfgang", the ER's just purchased attack dog. Wolfgang came into the room with the screaming, fighting patient, took one look, and crawled under a table, refusing to come out. (pretty much what I would have done)

They get the patient sedated and under control and start trying to coax the dog from under the table, wondering what they will do with a peacenik attack dog. About this time there was a commotion in another room from a young child who came in with a bad cut and was fighting off all attempts to help him. The Dr was about to decide they were gonna have to sedate the kid when Wolfgang came into the room and up to the child, who immediately calmed down. They were able to take stitches without any further problem and Wolfgang's job changed from Attack dog to therapy dog. He is still performing his job and is a valued member of the hospital staff.

·
Registered
31,829 Posts
Armed security I can fathom, but an attack dog at a hospital is a bit much to chew (pun intended). Are we sure this is a true story???

·
Registered
672 Posts
I saw this on there several months back. He did great with the child!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
It almost sounds like a spoof, but ya never know!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe they were using Attack dog where they meant Guard Dog. i just loved the idea of the GSD basically quitting one job and applying for another in the same 15 minute span.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Not sure I buy this...considering the amount of expensive an delicate equipment in an ER...they have an "attack" dog? It seems like a huge liability for a hospital to have. So many people. So much activity?

Like someone said...not the same thing as running a suspect down. Really, the only point of a police dog in the attack sense is to take a suspect down and subdue them until a person can come take over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts