German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't listen to the video but watching it all I could think of was this ... the dog must be thinking to itself "Would you STUPID humans stay out of the water already!!! How many times must I save you?!?"

GSD Saves Swimmers

G

·
0 Posts
Re: GSD saves swimmers -even if they DON'T need sa

A fine example of the GSDs natural instinct to protect and guard. Way to go Harley! But yeah, Lauri, I bet he IS thinking, "Enough already! Stay out of the deep end!".

·
Registered
913 Posts

I love seeing a positive story about my favorite breed! Harley's "job" is awesome. The audio was terrible, but I did hear a part about a girl that Harley saved by her ponytail one time. What a good dog. I agree, though, he probably gets tired of "saving"the same people over and over.

·
Registered
89 Posts

LOL. That's awesome!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts

Great video. Harley's doing a great job.

Originally Posted By: GSDad...I bet he IS thinking, "Enough already! Stay out of the deep end!".
He's probably wondering "Who trained these people, they need to go back to classes!"

·
Registered
18,371 Posts

Neat story!!!! Video and audio was fine. HArley has never been to obedience school either but is obviously a well socialized dog.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts

Ha--what a great story! What a good boy Harley is!

I had to train Massie NOT to rescue people. She was very concerned, especially when children were swimming.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts

Gotta love it

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
what a good dog!

now would they stop upsetting him & stay out of the water--until he's in the house or something!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Kathy- I wonder why the audio was fine for you, but was really warbly and barely audible for me?? I find this a lot, but I have dsl, not dial up. I looked up another video story on ABC/gma and I could see/hear it fine, but it stopped every 10-15 seconds and would take a few seconds to begin again. Does anyone know why?

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts

thats a great story.

Gia used to "save" the surfers at the beach we go to. long story short, they didnt appreciate it, nor did they think its was cute. oops. lol.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

I'm not sure what that's about, My Max last time at the beach would get in between the ocean and my kids and would get almost nasty with them if they got too close to the water. He didn't have a problem with it however..... I guess in a doggy think if you don't have four paws you can't really swim

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

Just saw video on TV-still have dial up disabilities.That dog was soo proud of 'helping' kids to safety!!NEAT.Just wondering if somewhere in his mind anyone who doesn't do a confident "dog-paddle'is in trouble?My dog did a kinda front paws above suface splashy/kinda desperate swim till he learned to relax and dog-paddle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts