German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 11 week old GSD puppy, she looks underweight, could someone tell me if she is underweight or not please? She weighs about 4KG (8 pounds) and she is from the Czech lines, she also hasn’t put any weight on for the past 2 weeks, I’m scared something is wrong with her because her sister is the same age and weighs 6KG (13 pounds)
Here are some photos of her.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
8 pounds seems awfully light for an almost 3 month old GSD pup but all dogs grow at different rates and she could be due for a growth spurt. When in doubt, check with a good vet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
New to the forum but I wanted to respond to this post. Very nice looking puppy by the way but I agree that 8 pounds seems a little on the small side. It could be because she will be smaller than her sister but I would ask the vet about possible worms. Always a good idea to ask the vet about these things if you trust them.
Good luck with your pup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
New to the forum but I wanted to respond to this post. Very nice looking puppy by the way but I agree that 8 pounds seems a little on the small side. It could be because she will be smaller than her sister but I would ask the vet about possible worms. Always a good idea to ask the vet about these things if you trust them.
Good luck with your pup.
Thanks for the reply! Shes turning out fine she is 20lbs now at 15 weeks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Good luck with your pup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8 pounds seems awfully light for an almost 3 month old GSD pup but all dogs grow at different rates and she could be due for a growth spurt. When in doubt, check with a good vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts