German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rescued a new pup from a shelter the other day. They described her as a GSD mix but she doesn't really remind me of one. Lots of people say she might be more of a Belgian Malinois than a GSD. She has a black muzzle, black tail, light black ear tips, and it looks like some black markings might start showing on her back since she's got a ton of little black furs.

Some have also said she looks like a boxer mix but vet said she doesn't think so.

Savannah (The pup) is 11 weeks (almost 13) and weighs about 10 pounds. Vet said she's a little small for a GSD but she was very skinny since she was found on the streets. Any opinions on what she might be?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I bet she's a heinz 57 mutt. I don't see any shepherd in there.

If anything mastiff breeds carry the same narkings. Combined with a smaller breed that's what I would guess

I would bet anything on it she won't develop any markings. She's a fawn with a black mask and they often have black hairs in their fur.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Its a mix of a mix/ street dog. Those are some of the healthiest and most social dogs. Im thinking santas little helper from simpsons- Good luck with the pup, I like theEllis/ leerburg vids for training...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Its a mix of a mix/ street dog. Those are some of the healthiest and most social dogs. Im thinking santas little helper from simpsons- Good luck with the pup, I like theEllis/ leerburg vids for training...
Santa's little helper is a greyhound they got from the race tracks. This pup is definitely not a greyhound :p

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
She's adorable whatever her mix is :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
the muzzle looks boxer to me (wrinkled forehead) mixed with something. lots of breeds have the fawn with black point coloring so Id say a grabbag of breeds :) Either way, thanks for rescuing! BEAUTIFUL puppy!!!

*-*Summer*-*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts