German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I never have on any GSD I owned and never will unless there is a medical reason requiring me to do it. I don't see any reason why it's necessary.... JMO. I think this whole neuter thing satarted and took off because it was an easy way for vets to make $$$. That combined with all the unwanted pets in shelters.....

I should add in I am not trying to slam anyone who has done it. I just never will....

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i've never had my dogs neutered and i've never had
a problem with them.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I did because my vet told me I should and I didn't know any better at the time. My next male I will keep intact, though I have absolutely zero intentions of breeding. That being said, if you're going to keep a male intact, you should be 110% sure that they are never roaming, etc and possibly impregnating a female. If you can't, then neuter. Otherwise, the neuter/not neuter discussion could go on forever.

·
Registered
369 Posts
We had Zoey spayed because i didnt want to deal with the blood. We just adopted a male and they make it a requirement to neuter before you can take the dogs home.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Personally, I alter all my animals. Well, except for the bird. I'm not sure you can even alter a bird. I just prefer to not deal with an intact animal.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Mine was neutered at about 15 months old. It was part of my contract with the breeder, and I did not think my lifestyle was conducive to responsibly keeping an intact dog. At the time I had a 19 year old son and an 8 year old son living at home, with a lot of in and out foot traffic. Plus, my husband could be a little inattentive to the dogs. So I didn't want to take the chance that Tanner would get out through an open door or gate and become the neighborhood BabyDaddy.
Sheilah

·
Registered
51 Posts
All my dogs / cats are sterilised or will be.

We are Christian however here in Egypt many Muslims say it is "haram" to do this to animals as they are not meant to interfere with the reproductive nature.

It means we have 1 Christian vet to about 30,000 people so you do not realise how lucky you are to have every vet do it where you are - in a civilised country.

Apparently it is far more kind to have the streets littered with stray animals and place poison down every so often here and let them die a lingering death in the heat WTF :rolleyes:

If you do not want animals spay or neuter every time...but sometimes people are worse than animals we are the animals guardian

·
Registered
478 Posts
My boy was neutered at my shelter when he was about 12 weeks old. Shelter rules!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts