German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all , (Skip this paragraph if you don't want to read the intro.)

I haven't introduced Cloud yet , but here he is! Unfortunately, I had to return my previous boy (Sonic) due to him having a grade 4 heart murmur. I REALLY wanted to keep him but honestly it wasn't fair to pay a huge amount and receive a dog that was not healthy :( . Anyways... i decided to go to the opposite end of the 2 extremes and ended up adopting Cloud from the humane society about 2 months ago . He's estimated to be around 5 months old ( I would say 4 but the shelter insisted on 5.) Last week he weighed 23 lbs. so i would put him @ 24-25ish right now. Temper wise - He loves people but he gets real scared of bigger dogs and makes this screeching noise when he feels frightened which i'm working on now (socializing him with other dogs every chance i get and what not) . Other than that he is real friendly and such a joy to be around I couldn't be happier .

Well onto the question... I'm wondering what you guys think he's mixed with?

I don't think he'll be too big because at this age most GSD's seem to be at 50ish lbs. and he's only half of that. I found this picture online on
What kind of pet do you have? - Final Fantasy Forums , and the first picture of that dog shockingly looks exactly like him when we first got him. The owner claims "He's a 5-month old Jack Russell terrier mix but looks like a little German Shepherd with big ol' pointy ears ". I refuse to believe that he's not a GSD and i've seen some pictures of jack russel terriers and if anything he would have the size of one but that's about it.

anyways here are the pictures and let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey, he kind of looks like our Zoe. When we bought her the lady said she was a German Shepherd Golden Retriever mix (parents weren't on site).

But she is not growing as fast as a shepherd and the vet thinks she'll be close to 50 lbs when fully matured.

I'm getting a DNA test to determine what type of breeds she has because I'm just so darn curious! Won't make me love her any more or any less when I get the results.

Anyways, here's some pictures of her. She's 3.5 months and weighs about 22 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
To me, his face look like a mix of GSD X Pittbull (or some breed look like a Pitt). Gorgeous face I think!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
To me, his face look like a mix of GSD X Pittbull (or some breed look like a Pitt). Gorgeous face I think!!!
I was going to say the same thing about the Pit.
AND CUTIE FACE!!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was thinkin' pitbull too. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yay for adopting! I actually see a little bit of Lab in there. I would recommend doing a DNA test if you have an extra $80 or so. I did one with Wisdom Panel and it was really exciting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree i think he does look a bit like zoe , but zoe has a longer coat . Cloud's coat is very short so i would say more of a lab than golden. And I also agree that his facial structure reminds me of that of a pitbulls. Anyhow i'll wait till he get's older and if i can't decide what he is by then i'll get a DNA test done. Thanks .

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
GSD and mini pin!!

I kid, all I know is that is one cute pupe you got!! Thought about a DNA test?

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts