German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Anyone going to compete or watch the nationals in Tulsa this weekend? I will be going to watch. I was told that on Sunday it will be streamed for free. Right now it says it is not free but I was told they are going to change it.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
What is the website for streaming?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I don't compete in AKC, but I have lots of friends who are there, including my trainer and her three BCs!

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My instructor got 2nd place in T2B with one of her dogs. :happyboogie:

Here is a link that they say is the live results so should be faster than the link on the AKC page. Album: National Agility Championship

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Wow that's a great accomplishment-congrats to your instructor!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Did you guys see Robert Michalski with his Terv "Wings"? SOOOOOOOO great! He's the only non-BC in 26". His weaves were unreal!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I think it's in PA next year?

My trainer didn't make it into finals either, but I felt really bad for a friend of mine who has the #1 BC in the country, I believe. Her dog is super fast and her speed carried her into the exit chute after the last jump. Apparently, the judge in that ring was calling that and she was eliminated. Such BS, IMO. All of her runs were clean and fast and she definitely would have made it into finals. AKC is so strict about things like that...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw people talking online about the call on the chute but I didn't know what they were talking about. What happened?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Did you guys see Robert Michalski with his Terv "Wings"? SOOOOOOOO great! He's the only non-BC in 26". His weaves were unreal!
Ah ha! I've been trying to find video of this and just did. Here's the only non-BC that made it into the 26" finals (in T2B, I believe):

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Apparently some dogs' speed were carrying them into the ring gating chute right after the last obstacle. Apparently, AKC sees this as a safety issue, even if no dogs are there, and even if you call your dog back to you...(sorry I wrote exit chute before, I don't think that's correct).
This is one of the main reasons I love USDAA-they are so relaxed about things like this, they expect that you will have control over your dog, but leave that up to you.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
There ya go, front row center! WHOOHOO!

I think this is the dog/handler just not at the Nationals...

Best part of this run is look how she kept her aframe criteria!!! It got her disqualified probably but she knew how important it was and look how 2 years later this great training has her WIN a National competition!!!

Love it!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Why was the thread title changed? Now my posts make no sense in the new context. :nono:
BTW "mix" is misspelled in the new thread title.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Why was the thread title changed? Now my posts make no sense in the new context. :nono:
BTW "mix" is misspelled in the new thread title.
Thanks Wildo, I fixed the title spelling.

Want to make sure people click to open the thread and everyone likes to read about a winner :) Specially if there's some GSD involved :wild:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts