German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, as some of you may saw I posted my friends dog who’s began to get some odd coloring on her neck and a bitch stripe, yet she was a bi color. This sparked our interest and we got pics of her mother. As we suspected, she does not look full gsd. What do you guys think? We are almost seeing Czech. * this is why you DONT buy from a byb who decided to breed their dogs once because they’re cute, you end up clueless about what your dog is! Always get your dog from a reputable breeder. *

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’m guessing she is in all three pics?

My first thought was a silver sable from the first two photos and the third looked like a hobo shepherd and a “normal” sable.

Those who are better versed will probably let you know just how wrong I am! Haha ☺

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
She looks full GSD to me. Dogs who are genetically sable / sable can be lighter in color. Do you have a pedigree?

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
There is nothing questionable about that dog. He is a sable German Shepherd. There is nothing about either of those dogs thatwould make me question their breed.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Purebred and well bred are two different things. Those dogs may very well be pure GSD, but have not been bred with any purpose in mind other than make a quick buck.

Pictures of dog's laying down can be deceiving since you can not judge structure at all. Weird camera angles also can make a dog looks weird and throw of proportions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is true. I got another peek at the moms structure and she looks more Sheppy. With the person who said the dad doesn’t look questionable, I just got confirmation by the owner that he is in fact mixed, 1/4th something else

1 - 9 of 9 Posts