German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wondering if some doggie people have some contacts this male.....malinois?? ... approx. 2 years old was picked up by a local shelter and is slated for.....euthanasia unless a foster home or home can be found. Male, full of energy, no signs of food aggression but high energy and a "goofy boy". Malinois peeps....know any rescues or anyone that could help? He has NO manners - was apparently humping the dog catchers leg repeatedly but when corrected went into goofy playful puppy mode...Please share - located north of Toronto in a shelter.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've passed in your link Bowwow.

It's hard to see so many landing in kill shelters. This was passed on to me to share wherever I could. I'm not seeing a ton of Mal in those pics but I don't know alot about them. If it's not a Mal, calling him as such could be making adoption more difficult.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
if it helps at all , I wouldn't call him a mal either (pasterns and feet not typical)--- I wouldn't call him a 2 year old --- looks more like 6 -- looks out of prime -- lot of grey on muzzle.

hope he has a chance ---

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Saphire, I just sent a PM with a rescue to contact in the Maritimes that transports dogs from far-away to adopt in their area.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
I have an active , out doorsy, senior lady who is looking for a GSD with some maturity to adopt.
I can highly recommend her as an owner as she has had two (or three?) dogs from me , one still with her and very well loved .
Because of her own age she does not want a puppy.
The GSD she has from me is used to being a happy social member of a multi dog household.
The owner lives rural and hikes daily, rain or shine or feet of snow with access to a quarry for those hikes

near your area Cathy --- if anyone is on facebook maybe contact Leslee or Angel .

I told her I would "vet" the candidates before recommending them to her

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an active , out doorsy, senior lady who is looking for a GSD with some maturity to adopt.
I can highly recommend her as an owner as she has had two (or three?) dogs from me , one still with her and very well loved .
Because of her own age she does not want a puppy.
The GSD she has from me is used to being a happy social member of a multi dog household.
The owner lives rural and hikes daily, rain or shine or feet of snow with access to a quarry for those hikes

near your area Cathy --- if anyone is on facebook maybe contact Leslee or Angel .

I told her I would "vet" the candidates before recommending them to her
I have posted in the German Shepherd ontario rescue. I'm trying to get abit more info on him to pass along.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
If you could go to the shelter to evaluate him and take a phone video, then put it up on FB, it would be a huge help to potential adopters and rescues.

I tend to not put much stock in shelter staff who aren't all that good at "reading" working breed temperaments (they either overstate or understate issues), but it's a huge help when someone who knows what a good temperament is has time to go spend an hour or so with the dog (time enough for it to relax, go for a walk, and let go of the "I'm getting out of my cage" excitement to hopefully see who the dog really is). That kind of knowledgeable assessment often makes a huge difference in getting dogs out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Looks like he is going to be picked up and fostered. This is from my Facebook, a friend of my trainer.
"This dog is on hold until Sunday night - after which if... he is not claimed - he would be euthanized....I found out about him as one of our obedience students who is an extremely experienced handler and has done many rescues - through "back-door" connections - has arranged to pick him up Monday morning if he is not claimed. She will indefinitely foster him and work on manners, etc. He is not yet neutered - but she will be doing that. She/we are looking for an experienced PERMANENT home for this boy."
Anyone interested in adopting him please PM me and I will put you in touch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts