German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!! I hv a gsd name Panther. I bought him to my family when he was 35 days old now he will be 1 year old in 10 days. I was little concerned about his face it seems like his face is slightly small in proportion to his rest of the body. Please educate me if i am wrong or if i am missing something to make him look more handsome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
His face looks perfectly proportionate. He is a very handsome dog.

Reactions: Shooter

·
Registered
875 Posts
Panther's really very handsome....his face/head look normal to me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate your concern. Please advise what can i feed him to make him more healthy as he is quite slim at the moment. From past 1 Year i was feeeig him royal canin and now i started feeding him pedigree adult.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Welcome, Panther looks great to me in those pictures! It's not at all uncommon for a growing puppy to be thin at times, especially when they're growing fast, between about 6 months and 1 year. If those pictures are current, I wouldn't advise feeding him more, like I said he looks great!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi there!! I hv a gsd name Panther. I bought him to my family when he was 35 days old now he will be 1 year old in 10 days. I was little concerned about his face it seems like his face is slightly small in proportion to his rest of the body. Please educate me if i am wrong or if i am missing something to make him look more handsome.
He is a handsome boy! Beautiful face

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, Panther looks great to me in those pictures! It's not at all uncommon for a growing puppy to be thin at times, especially when they're growing fast, between about 6 months and 1 year. If those pictures are current, I wouldn't advise feeding him more, like I said he looks great!
Thank you i will maintain the diet as it is for now then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful dog. His weight looks perfect to me. How is he doing in training?
Well he is kind of stubborn. At times of traning if the trainer talks to him in little higher pitch or tap his nose then he do not respond back and get upset moreover he later do not est his meal also. But now we are going to start his traning session once again.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Gaurav Jain;9077551 At times of traning if the trainer talks to him in little higher pitch or tap his nose then he do not respond back and get upset more[/QUOTE said:
I don't blame him; that's not how you train a strong dog. He is not stubborn; he just doesn't buy this soft approach. Treat him like the great dog he is,; clear commands, make sure he knows what you are saying so he can follow it up. I don't think dogs are stubborn. It is just an excuse because we haven't figured out a way to his brain yet. Find a better trainer I would say; he is worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful dog. His weight looks perfect to me. How is he doing in training?
Well he is kind of stubborn. At times of traning if the trainer talks to him in little higher pitch or tap his nose then he do not respond back and get upset moreover he later do not est his meal also. But now we are going to start his traning session once again.

I sure will look into this seriously and will get him trained properly.
Thak you

·
Banned
27 Posts
Please please please do not feed that beautiful GSD Pedigree! ...i dont know this has gone u noticed on a dog forum! I dont mean to sound obnoxious its just that food is trash, go onto amazon.com and get him "Taste of the Wild" it has 0 fillers i guarantee you'll see a change not only in him bulking up a bit but in his coat as well, do him a favor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From past 1 Year i was feeeig him royal canin and now i started feeding him pedigree adult.
Panther is quite handsome! About the food change, was he having issues with the Royal Canin? If you let us know why you are changing his food, we might be able to help you better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts