German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 4 yr old, beautiful, black and tan (creme) female at our Center. She was surrendered by her owner. She and her brother originally lived loose on a lot of acreage. The original owners turned them into the local humane society when they fell on hard times. The most recent owner adopted both. Everything was going well until Crystal, the dominant of the two, began pushing her brother around. I suspect this was due to the huge change in her environment (from large farm to small house). The owners have two small children. They became afraid and surrendered Crystal to us about 2 weeks ago. Crystal has been an excellent dog so far. She has shown some signs of aggression with other dogs. I have not witnessed this myself. It could be due to the environment or a sign of future issues. I do not know and have not assessed her behavior personally. She has a previous elbow injury where she was kicked by a cow about a year ago. She limps occasionally, but it does not seem to bother her a lot. Her past vet records also show she was tested for tick born illnesses for some reason. My inquiry to the vet only substantiated the fact that she was tested. They could not rule out lymes disease, but she was treated. She really is a phenomenal girl. She just needs a home where her issues (or non issues) can be dealt with by someone who understands the breed. She adores people and greets everyone with a smile. She has been spayed, vaccinated, heartworm tested (neg), given preventative for fleas and hw and microchipped. Her adoption fee is $100. Her rescue pull fee is $65. If you can help, please contact me directly. To see a pic, visit http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TN478.html

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Originally Posted By: Kerry MoyersWe have a 4 yr old, beautiful, black and tan (creme) female at our Center. She was surrendered by her owner. She and her brother originally lived loose on a lot of acreage. The original owners turned them into the local humane society when they fell on hard times. The most recent owner adopted both. Everything was going well until Crystal, the dominant of the two, began pushing her brother around. I suspect this was due to the huge change in her environment (from large farm to small house). The owners have two small children. They became afraid and surrendered Crystal to us about 2 weeks ago. Crystal has been an excellent dog so far. She has shown some signs of aggression with other dogs. I have not witnessed this myself. It could be due to the environment or a sign of future issues. I do not know and have not assessed her behavior personally. She has a previous elbow injury where she was kicked by a cow about a year ago. She limps occasionally, but it does not seem to bother her a lot. Her past vet records also show she was tested for tick born illnesses for some reason. My inquiry to the vet only substantiated the fact that she was tested. They could not rule out lymes disease, but she was treated. She really is a phenomenal girl. She just needs a home where her issues (or non issues) can be dealt with by someone who understands the breed. She adores people and greets everyone with a smile. She has been spayed, vaccinated, heartworm tested (neg), given preventative for fleas and hw and microchipped. Her adoption fee is $100. Her rescue pull fee is $65. If you can help, please contact me directly. To see a pic, visit http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TN478.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts