German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii guys its my first online post i was just curious and wanted to ask about my new puppy i just want to know wether he is a short coat or a medium coat his age is 52 days the breeder said so i didnt see the parents so i really dont know which coat he has sorry for my bad english ? the pictures with the collor are 5 to 6 days old

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm ok thanks for replying and one more thing im tired of him biting me everywhere whenever i touch him he bites he is not aggressive he does get sometimes when i play rough with him what can i do to stop him from biting me

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Hmm ok thanks for replying and one more thing im tired of him biting me everywhere whenever i touch him he bites he is not aggressive he does get sometimes when i play rough with him what can i do to stop him from biting me
First, stop playing rough with him. I don’t understand why (mainly) men always think its a great form of play.

Second, get LOTS of toys. When he starts biting, tell him “no bite” and give him a suitable toy he CAN bite on.

And third, some pups get over stimulated, and no matter what you do, they are going to be crabby patties. So if nothing else is working, sounds like a nice nap in a quiet room or crate is called for.

It’s hard to determine costs with the pup so young. It’s got its fluffy hair ball puppy coat, which will eventually be replaced by his permanent coat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He got about 1 inch of long hair half an inch on his back i dont know if it helps but the breeder said he is medium coat i did not see the parents and i just want to know how he is going to look

·
Registered
958 Posts
Little fur ball! Looks like a standard medium coat to me, but I'm far from an expert.
They're also called land sharks for a reason! Its completely normal. I recommend having a lot of toys within reach at all times to re-direct the biting. Give a stern "uh-uh" too. Give him a treat also when he redirects his biting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,725 Posts
standard... medium... plush...

i think it would help those new to the breed if we all used consistent language and stay away from descriptive terms.

there are essentially two coat types - short stock coat and long stock coat. there is a range of actual length within both these coats.... and a GSD will never have a coat as short as a doberman or boxer.

this puppy is very young and the photos are blurry, but he appears to have a short stock coat.

·
Registered
31,158 Posts
Standard stock coat. My dog's coat is very short so described as "tight" Yours looks a lot like his did as a puppy.

As far as biting, just redirect him with a toy. I"m not a big one on a verbal No but that might be a sport training thing. We just redirect them. Eventually they grow out of it.

·
Registered
31,158 Posts
His bone structure looks weak what can i do to improve that some more pics hope he is a stock medium coat
Bone or muscle? You are in the middle east? India? Diets for dogs in these regions seems to be limited and I've seen some pretty horrendously unbalanced homemade diet posted here too. What are you feeding him? He's just a baby. Doesn't look more than 8 weeks to me so I'm not sure what you are expecting him to look like?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts