German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I tell you what, I do not know where all this fur is coming from. My wife has a Dyson vacuum cleaner which works great but right after it's done the dog sheds tons more it seems like. I use the furminator which takes out all of the fur. Is it just this breed that sheds like this? I am going to take the Dyson and put it to my dog! lol!

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Yup...24/7, 365 days a year. Learn to knit. They call them German Shedders for a reason. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
German Shedders..lol! That is on the nose on that one. Love the dog, but the fur is non-stop. Best vacuum has been the Dyson to clean things up.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I brush Sinister once or twice a week with the Furminator.

I used to have Sinister on Solid Gold Wolf King and then I switched to grainless Blue Buffalo Blue Wilderness and I swear he does not shed as much as he used to.

Call me crazy but I think they shed less on grainless :wild:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Foods that dont have grain in them.

Blue Buffalo Blue Wilderness is a grain free brand and so is Solid Gold Barking At The Moon.

There are other brands out there, these are the only 2 that I actually know about.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
huh, that is good to know. I been feeding my dog Fromm but I think it has rice in it. I was told it was a good brand. I never understood why dogs needed to eat grain when they wouldn't in the wild.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I dont know anything about Fromm. I think I have only seen 2 or 3 people that use it on this forum :confused:

I just love Blue Buffalo. I have my dog and my cats on that brand. They all love it and look great on it :D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I dont know anything about Fromm. I think I have only seen 2 or 3 people that use it on this forum :confused:

I just love Blue Buffalo. I have my dog and my cats on that brand. They all love it and look great on it :D
I use Fromm Gold Large Breed. I don't think you see a lot of people that use it because it is hard to find. I almost stopped using it, but I found a small store in the center of our town that's willing to order it for me.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
We used to use the vacuum cleaner directly on our Rhodesian Ridgeback and he absolutely loved it! Tried it on Max this morning (although he's 13 weeks and not really shedding) just to see if he was ok with it. He was apprehensive at first, but he's generally fearless and ended up sitting still while I gently ran the nozzle all over his body. So, I see a furminator and the vacuum in his future.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I use Fromm Gold Large Breed. I don't think you see a lot of people that use it because it is hard to find. I almost stopped using it, but I found a small store in the center of our town that's willing to order it for me.
That probably is the reason. I haven't heard about a couple of brands on here. Doesn't mean they are bad just means I dont know them and cant comment on them :crazy:

Is there a grainless Fromm that maybe the OP can look into?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I use the furminator which takes out all of the fur.
Does the furminator brush & solution really work? If my hubby finds out I'm spending more money on "my dogs" oh boy, just spent big money on advantix & other stuff, but it sounds really good if it works. The black dog in the picture, Apache has the thickest undercoat I ever seen and nothing gets the hair out.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Does the furminator brush & solution really work? If my hubby finds out I'm spending more money on "my dogs" oh boy, just spent big money on advantix & other stuff, but it sounds really good if it works. The black dog in the picture, Apache has the thickest undercoat I ever seen and nothing gets the hair out.
If you buy the Furminator which I highly recommend please buy it on ebay or amazon it will be alot cheaper. I think it works amazingly. Just dont go overboard with it. It has really helped me out with Sinister :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
If you buy the Furminator which I highly recommend please buy it on ebay or amazon it will be alot cheaper. I think it works amazingly. Just dont go overboard with it. It has really helped me out with Sinister :D
I am a VERY BIG LOVER of the furminator. But I don't think the spray makes the brush work any better.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Is there a grainless Fromm that maybe the OP can look into?
Fromm has one grainfree variety called 4 star nutritionals surf and turf.

:)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
But the spray and the shampoo smell so nice!!! lol

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Having had various other breeds (hairier breeds even) I have to say without a doubt GSDs are some of the worst shedders. Any time anyone asks me about them I usually first say "Well they shed like crazy!!! How much do you mind lots of dog hair around?".

I find the best thing for getting hair out is a nice high force dryer and just blowing it all out if them after a bath.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts