German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! :giggle:

I have a 4.5 month old working line GSD. I saw pictures of his littermates the other day, a female and a male. They are both so much taller than him and I was shocked to see how short my boy still is (my boy was the biggest baby). Although, my boy is not as tall as them I believe their weights are pretty similar. He is 45 - 46lbs currently and very lean (just the way I like it!). I do not want to rush his growth at all... I like my GSDs to grow very slow and steady.

But I am curious as to how growth rates differ among littermates? Is it normal for littermates to have different growth rates? His ears were also the last to go up compared to his littermates

My boy also looks more like his grandfather compared to his mom and dad. He has a shorter tail like his grandpa whereas, his brother and sister have longer tails.
(I love his grandpa so I am happy about that!)

Thank you for reading! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
45lbs for a 4.5 month old puppy is a good weight. He will most likely be very large! I wouldn't worry about it, as you said you are keeping him lean and genetics will determine his height and size more than anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts