German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so... I’m curious if any of you have seen this or have had a dog with this. He’s a showline, long coat, 8+ month old unneutered male.

I just noticed it kind of out of nowhere. One day I don’t really recall noticing it and today, it just stood out like a sore thumb to me. The picture is “enhanced” to vivid on my phone camera, bc it stood out better in the photo for showing it. It’s more just skin color than reddish like the enhanced did to it. The second photo is unaltered.

I took him to vet right away today bc I am paranoid and I don’t prefer the watch, wait and see method lol.

My first question of course... is it cancer? No, the vet says... laughing at me in fun. He said he’s almost positive it’s seasonal allergies like he gets in his ear. Not good related, seasonal he said. He said it’s very common for dogs his age (8 months) to get that.

Do you agree? Have you seen this?

My boy is prone to 1 ear getting red.. no real complaints from him regarding it. Vet has said it’s a seasonal allergy as it goes away with steroid/antibiotic drops right away and comes back later on. Im sharing this to show he tends to have skin allergies anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just recently moo had a little lump come up by the corner of his I! I thought it looked like a stye so held a warm wet wash rag (wrung out) over his eye a couple times a day for a couple days and it drained! I was going to take him to the vet if it didn't look like it'd work! Simliar to what humans get!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts