German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today when my GF and i got home from her mother's house i was the first one to walk in the door and he growled at me..WTF!!??!! i walked past his crate into our bedroom and laid my HAT down and just as i did it i realized i had my NEW hat on that is bright and brand new unlike my other ones. i do wear hats a lot but just kinda wondered if the "new'' hat through him off?? now if im not mistaken dogs dont associate u with your face, or something along the lines of that?? correct me if im wrong. thoughts?? (BTW he's just about to turn 7 months)

when i did happen to let him out we went outside to go potty and i did some obediance and exercise with him. he listened and obeyed very well so the thought that he is starting to hate me went away.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You could have startled him if had been sleeping and the hat might have been a factor too (not that he doesn't reconize you, it's the hat he doesn't know). He doesn't hate you, sometimes pups make sounds especially if they've recently realized that they can make a new sound.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally Posted By: Jenniferky sometimes pups make sounds especially if they've recently realized that they can make a new sound.

haha actually u just reminded me, the other night it was thundering out and tyson growled. it was actually kinda funny because he has NO growl at all and was actually only the 2nd time i had ever heard him growl. now his bark is enought to scare away someone who didnt know him but his growl...no, the dad-in laws mini-dauchsund has a bigger growl than he does.
and about startling him, that could be possible, he was sleeping when i walked in..

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I have only heard Jesse growl once, who is 7 months, and I was happy he did it, he and I were asleep on the bed and my husband came home in the middle of the night from work and was quiet I didn't hear anything but Jesse sure did and I woke up to Jesse on top of me bum towards my face and hair up and growling up a storm and low deep barking until he realized it was my husband, then turned happy - Jesse was 4.5 months old then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts