German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Strange question here. I am not sure if this is pano or not.

Sometimes Jaxon will be playing normally and then all of a sudden it seems like he tweaks something in his right front foot or ankle and will let out a yelp and not be able to walk on the foot for a few seconds, maybe 30-45 seconds.

I can tell he is in considerable discomfort during this time and he holds his little paw up close to his chest and gives me that "help me, i love you" look.

Then he goes right back to normal playing like a darn fool, running faster than was before and making crazy cuts with the zoomies in the yard.

Its so strange.

Could this be a pano thing and his nerves and bones, etc are still just getting used to the growth and what not?

Anyone have experience?

Thanks

E

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this has happend maybe 3 times in 6 weeks. once when i tried to push him away from jumping on me.

the other two times he was running around like a fool in the back yard, just playing like normal and then just yelped and cried for about 30 seconds then right back to crazy play.

thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My dog never yelped, but he did limp on his front leg. The vet said he was growing to fast and to change his food. That seemed to work. His training class is at the vets. The last time wee were there they said he was moving much better. If he did not improve they were going to do xrays.

I had just switched him from large breed puppy food to large breed food when he started limping. It was still to much protein. They suggested I switch to regular adult dog food and it worked just fine.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Get an X-ray :)
My Hex, he had a UAP (a form of elbow dysplacia) and his symptoms were very similar.
It sounds like it could be a bone chip floating around and when
it moves to a certain spot it causes pain.

Hex had surgery to fix it and is now doing really well :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks folks. We are going to do Xray just to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts