Not sure where to put this but I need to make a decission. We have had a groundhog living in our backyard for a long time. This year we took down the fence around the old vegetable garden, his secondary home. He had been living under a trailer in the back of my horse corral. So when he was going from the trailer to the garden didn't really effect anything. Now he travels from the trailer to my hayroom which is in my backyard where the dogs are. He has gotten pretty brave and comes out when I am in the horses corral. I see him in the backyard more frequently now as well. Yesterday he lunged at Lakota, she ran back and he proceeded to go to the hayroom. I just got off the phone with the trapper who told me I had to wait until July to see if there were babies. Well no babies, so "He" has to go. The trapper said he would charge $275 thats a discounted price because I will check the trap everyday. I don't want to kill the little rat but if I chance trapping it myself and relocate it, I could get a fine of up to $7,000.00. I told my husband a vet bill could be more than $275. I love animals but I cant risk the dogs getting bit.