German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how often you guys bathe your GSD. I always thought 1 time per month but Panga seems to get kinda stinky and her fur seems oily if i dont bath her 1 time every 2-3 weeks. I brush her daily about 15min. Anything else I could do to keep from bathing her to often as I dont want to cause coat or skin problems by bathing to much. I am going back with fish oil to help with skin and coat. Thanks a ton

·
Registered
31,577 Posts
What do you feed her? That might be part of the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is on Royal Canine with wet mix. I am moving her to Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck with Salmon oil and Vit. E 2x per day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basic backyard with some mud during rain daily walks and daily brushing doesnt swim as of right now. No farm type place.

·
2,967 Posts
I only bathe my dogs about 2 maybe 3 times a year. They live in the house and don't get particularly dirty or stinky. My girl gets oily and it seems to correspond to when she's in heat. And she goes into heat every 4 months...so she gets a bath more often than the boys.

I would watch and see if when you change the food the coat gets better.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
When we first got Sinister he was on Purina Pro Plan puppy food and we switched him over to Solid Gold Wolf Cub and you wouldn't believe the difference in his coat!!! He went from dull and flakey to having a bright, shiny, silky soft coat. He looked amazing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts