German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With our previous male GSD I would brush him daily or even more, he was a shed monster with a semi long coat. Our girl is about 8 months and now during the winter I use a slicker, pin and comb on her frequently. I tend to use the pin daily with a quick brush and slicker several times a week. Comb not as much…am I brushing her too much? She is shedding a lot and her coat looks great so I don’t want to to over do it…thoughts.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Duke finally learned his name but he learned "BRUSH" first. He absolutely loves to be brushed and have his face washed (with a wipe) and combed. He sees me with that brush and he can't get to the brushing spot in the yard fast enough. Just try and stop brushing! He grabs your brush hand. If your dog likes to be brushed count your blessings - Elke is a ragamuffin who hates to be groomed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think Vienna loves biting the brush more than the brushing itself…lol

I go very easy on her coat with the Chris Christensen 16mm pin brush daily and she has fun with it and a belly rub ;-)

Now clipping her nails is another story…I swear it sounds like I’m trying to cut her whole leg off or something!

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts