German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post some pictures of Greta, who we've had one year today! She was posted on the urgent rescue board and thanks to ToFree24 who originally posted her and KatieLiz who set up transport, she has become a wonderful member of our family. If you recall, she was at the Jefferson County Animal Control in Mount Vernon, IL. She had just had puppies and someone basically dumped her saying that they found her as a stray. Ruth, the wonderful lady at the shelter said she thought that 'someone' was her owner and dumped her after the puppies were born (she was still lactating and the vet estimated she had given birth 6-8 weeks prior). She thought perhaps they just wanted the puppies, not her. Idiots. We see things like that much too often, unfortunately. But luckily for us, it all had a happy ending. Greta fits in well with our older Shepherd and 2 Persians. She is very rambunctious and very protective of us, in a good way. So again, thank you everyone who helped orchestrate Greta's journey and Happy Anniversary to Greta!
Here's her before and after pics:

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I remember her!!!!! Oh she looks wonderful!!!! Thanks so much for the update!!!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics and the update. Its really nice to see happy ending like this. We all see similar dogs posted here everyday that wont end up as lucky as she did. Im a huge fan of rescue dogs, sarge was a rescue and after some training and patience hes a member of our family like im sure your girl is as well.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Oh wow. I do remember seeing her on here before. She sure does look happy. Thank you for rescuing her and for all those who helped get her to you. Happy one year anniversary. Her's hoping for many, many more!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
mary!!! it's been a year!!! amazing!!! greta looks just great. so sorry i've been out of touch, my family is going through some difficulty (dh in a very bad motor vehicle accident), and my energy has all been devoted lately to dealing with that. this holiday weekend has been just about the first time i've had a chance to breathe and this is my first post since his accident. and, you know that if you've had greta a year now, our girl jeni (that you sent me the e-mail about, and dh went and scooped up), has been with us just about a year. she is wonderful and totally, totally, bonded to him. i will be in touch before the summer is over...take care and my best always to you and your family...k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts