German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH.MY.GOD!

He is by far the best helper I have EVER come across. Many helper in Germany don't even come close to his expertise. He's been working Indra twice today and holy cow does she have a grip.

We have not done any Schutzhund training in half a year because I didn't trust any helper in my area but Greg Doud is the best. The way he works and handles those dogs is amazing. The way he handled Indra .... wow....

Even though it's three hours away, it's totally worth it!

The second run he worked her with the sleeve and all I can say is W.O.W! She bites and she bites good. I have never seen her bite like that before. He truly brings out the best of any dog he's working and he does take as much time as it takes to get what he wants out of the dog.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Yes, he is worth training with. My dog had been screwed up by some very bad early training and Greg turned him around.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if he would mind if I upload the video of him working Indra. Darnit, I should have asked...

Tomorrow is another workshop day with him but I don't know if I should risk the drive. I went through a white-out the way back, in the dark and that was pretty darn scary. I heard in the news that it'll go on through the whole sunday because of lake effect snow.

With him, it actually made a lot of fun working. He's not only a good helper but also a good teacher. Just from observing the others you can learn a lot because he actually explains what he's doing and why he's doing it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sounds like a pretty awesome guy. Congrats on finding someone you like to help you out working your beautiful Indra!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I hope we can see the video!

So happy you found someone awesome to work with!

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think she made quite an impression but not because she's so beautiful but because she had a little accident WHILE she was being worked on the sleeve even though I walked her before I took her in. It was only a couple of drips but I guess from now on she's known as the dog that is "full of $hit" and in a "$hitty mood". :help::wild::hammer:

When I called hubby to let him know that i am on the way back home he was like "They are all sick, they've been having diarrhea."
I am not sure why... maybe it's because we changed to Wetland TOTW, that is the only thing I can think off because we just switched over.

However, Greg had a blast making fun of her LOL

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I think she made quite an impression but not because she's so beautiful but because she had a little accident WHILE she was being worked on the sleeve even though I walked her before I took her in. It was only a couple of drips but I guess from now on she's known as the dog that is "full of $hit" and in a "$hitty mood". :help::wild::hammer:

When I called hubby to let him know that i am on the way back home he was like "They are all sick, they've been having diarrhea."
I am not sure why... maybe it's because we changed to Wetland TOTW, that is the only thing I can think off because we just switched over.

However, Greg had a blast making fun of her LOL

oh gosh..... lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wonder if he would mind if I upload the video of him working Indra. Darnit, I should have asked...

Tomorrow is another workshop day with him but I don't know if I should risk the drive. I went through a white-out the way back, in the dark and that was pretty darn scary. I heard in the news that it'll go on through the whole sunday because of lake effect snow.

With him, it actually made a lot of fun working. He's not only a good helper but also a good teacher. Just from observing the others you can learn a lot because he actually explains what he's doing and why he's doing it.
Just a heads up he prolly WOULD mind if you put up his video of his work with out asking aint no secrets in Schutzhund but it common courtesy to ask permission from your helper if you post up his work its easy to make assumptions opinions about a 3 minute video.
And yes he is a great coach I talked with him Monday about coming here in May before the Working Dog Championships.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a heads up he prolly WOULD mind if you put up his video of his work with out asking aint no secrets in Schutzhund but it common courtesy to ask permission from your helper if you post up his work its easy to make assumptions opinions about a 3 minute video.
And yes he is a great coach I talked with him Monday about coming here in May before the Working Dog Championships.
That is why it's not up ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
OH.MY.GOD!

He is by far the best helper I have EVER come across. Many helper in Germany don't even come close to his expertise. He's been working Indra twice today and holy cow does she have a grip.

We have not done any Schutzhund training in half a year because I didn't trust any helper in my area but Greg Doud is the best. The way he works and handles those dogs is amazing. The way he handled Indra .... wow....

Even though it's three hours away, it's totally worth it!

The second run he worked her with the sleeve and all I can say is W.O.W! She bites and she bites good. I have never seen her bite like that before. He truly brings out the best of any dog he's working and he does take as much time as it takes to get what he wants out of the dog.
Theres a reasion hes staying in Florida for the winter with Ivan they aint hanging around the beach nut swinging

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I recently attended a Greg Doud seminar. I had switched Training Director's a few months prior due to some training issues my dog had. I brought my new Training Director with me to the seminar and we tested my dog out on Greg to see if his issue was resolved and I was very pleased that it was. I was also very pleased that both Greg and my TD were very much on the same page as how to approach things in protection.

Greg not only gave really good protection advice but also had lots of good ideas and pointers in the obedience area as well.

I am hoping to attend a few more of his seminars in the near future.

I highly recommend attending one of his seminars if you can.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Hey Mike, are you entering Jett in the working dog championships??

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey Mike, are you entering Jett in the working dog championships??
AWDF is to early for me to get my tracking in order the Working Dog Championships are doable. To word it carefully I have my sites set on going if Im able to get him polished up also its a easy drive.
We ended in a good place last fall so Ill have to see what he looks like when the snow is gone we have a great place to train in the winter but it has its limitations.
You thinking of giving it a go?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I am going to just aim at getting his SchH3 this spring/summer/fall....like you, I want to feel ready. Then maybe go on to regionals, etc....

Well good luck and will maybe bump into you there!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts