German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My name is Angel, and I am a 22 year old certified Animal Care technician from Canada. I am a lifelong dog lover, and have done nothing else with my life other than working with dogs! My husband and I are avid German Shepherd lovers, and will be bringing home our first German Shepherd puppy this spring. I am in love with Schutzhund, and plan on taking it on with my new girl when she comes of age.

It may seem silly to some, but the puppy we will be bringing into our family is extremely important to me. I am lucky enough to have a job where I will be able to bring her, once fully vaccinated, to work with me. Dogs are my life, and she surely will be my everything (along with my husband, of course!).

I'm here to gather some more information on Schutzhund and getting started with the amazing sport, and share pictures of my girl once she arrives!

Kind regards,
- Angel

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome!
You are in the right place for information. There are several very experienced people on this board, involved in the sport of Schutzhund.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! I am here to gain as much more information as I can possibly learn. It is my intention to be fully prepared well before my girl's arrival! ;)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

I am in Ontario and am training in the sport with my 20 month of male. Where about's are you located?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from a fellow Canuck!

I am in Ontario and am training in the sport with my 20 month of male. Where about's are you located?

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome,
I am also in Ontario! I am about an hour from Toronto. My husband and I plan to go take a look at the Toronto Schutzhund Club soon to see if it's the right fit for us. I am extremely excited!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Thank you kindly for the warm welcome,
I am also in Ontario! I am about an hour from Toronto. My husband and I plan to go take a look at the Toronto Schutzhund Club soon to see if it's the right fit for us. I am extremely excited!
I am in Kitchener-Waterloo and head North near TO to train. Have you checked out Saugeen's yet? It's in Orangeville and if I could make it that far out I would. Not sure if they are taking on new members but you could always check. Do you mind me asking which club in particular you are looking at? There are a few out that way or are you visiting with the club in Markham? I have heard some good things about Vince (club president) athough I have yet to meet him. I know his club has a few different breeds other than the GSD and Mal. Seems like a great club.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Kitchener-Waterloo and head North near TO to train. Have you checked out Saugeen's yet? It's in Orangeville and if I could make it that far out I would. Not sure if they are taking on new members but you could always check. Do you mind me asking which club in particular you are looking at? There are a few out that way or are you visiting with the club in Markham? I have heard some good things about Vince (club president) athough I have yet to meet him. I know his club has a few different breeds other than the GSD and Mal. Seems like a great club.

I am in Kitchener-Waterloo as well! Please tell me where you go, so I can investigate! I have been searching for clubs and have only found the Toronto and Saugeen clubs and they are far, as you know.

I am glad that I have someone to talk to in the area! ;)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Very neat!

I will PM you and we can chat! :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! You seem to really have a love of animals. Your little girl will be so lucky to have you caring for her. You can learn a lot on this forum. Can't wait to see pics of your little girl when you get her!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts