German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I've been lurking on the forum for a few years now but decided since I'm a lot closer to getting my GSD it was time to take the plunge and make an account! I'll be bringing home my pup within the next year or two depending on litter temperaments. His call name is going to be "Kansas" and he's going to be a service dog and sport dog. He will be a WGWL/Czech line dog with the exact amount depending on the breeding.

My current dog is a service dog washout, a 16 month old Lab mix named Nico. Now he's mainly an active pet and I'm planning on doing some sports with him for fun, but he has confidence issues with people so I have to be mindful of his limits.

Reactions: Hellish

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Welcome! Sounds like you will be well prepared, by the time you get your puppy. What type of service would you like to prepare your forthcoming dog for?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kansas will be a multipurpose service dog, mainly autism assistance and seizure response.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
If you've been lurking, you already know there is so much info here. Welcome, and we like pictures of any dogs, so share Nico with us.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Kansas will be a multipurpose service dog, mainly autism assistance and seizure response.
I volunteer at a therapeutic horseback riding center. I've seen first hand how interacting with animals can be beneficial for autistic children and young adults. I hope it works out well with Kansas! I'm guessing you may have an autistic child?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing you may have an autistic child?
I don't have any kids, I'm on the spectrum myself. I'm only 18 so a little young to have any little ones running around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts