German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unsurprising there's a forum for everything on the net (grin)

Prev owner of a GSD 10 yrs ago and have decided on another come the spring. Decided to join up to get back into the frame of mind.

Expect I'll enjoy my stay and meet some great folks along the way.

Cheers!
Grant

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome neighbour! You will find a lot of companionship and good advice here if you need it. Are you looking for a puppy or an older dog?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plans on first puppy.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm intending on a puppy and this would be my first time raising a pup. I'v always been spoiled in receiving well trained adult dogs (retired seeing eye dogs) and I'm more than aware that a puppy is more work than a grown adult dog so there's some slight trepidation and determination to be well equipped for the experience.

Cheers!
Grant

·
Registered
770 Posts
Puppies are lots of fun - an experience everyone should have at least once in a lifetime (and sometimes once is enough, lol). Get ready for chewed shoelaces, six months of scratched hands and tattered cuffs, buying Nature's Miracle in the X-large size, also puppy breath, puppy fur and puppy snuggles :):):) Be sure to post photos once you have made your choice!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Welcome!

I am from Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario! It's nice to see another Canadian so close to home! :)

Are you in research mode still or have you decided on a breeder?

What exactly are you looking for in a dog? Pet/companion, schutzhund, agility, herding, obedience?

Do you have a preference of a particular line?

·
Registered
907 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hello from Brampton.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting the warm and fuzzies. or... furries as the case may be (grin)

In answer to questions....

My last GSD was an american line and I loved her to pieces, but I spent a few months in Sweeden and daily spent time with a gal named Ebba that stole my heart. She was more of the german lines, larger and was more... intended in who she was... hard to describe... Maybe more working line??? I definitely have been smitten. I guess that's why I'm very conscious of what I'm working up to.. Living in Toronto with an expectation of a very active dog. Mentally prepared but very aware.

Btw. Does anyone know of Toronto groups?? I will concentrate on obedience but want to build up in the opportunity to branch out.

Cheers!
Grant

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey neighbor!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Yes, you have one of the best schutzhund clubs in Ontario right in your front yard!

Saugeen's is great! I train with a few members from there as well as old members and have to say that if I was closer or had a car I would be training there instead of where I am (shhh.. don't tell anyone).

Here is their website: Home

There are also several other clubs in the area! You are in a good area for clubs.

Here is the list: Ontario Region Schutzhund Association

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
:welcome: and :toasting: from another Canadian!!!! Can't wait to see your puppy pics and laugh at your questions like "help my puppy won't stop bitting" or "help my puppy is chewing my shoes" ect....:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe... Some good resources... fantastic....

And... oh yeah.. I know what I'm instore for though I'll plead naivete in about 6 months, the reality of it will slap my face like a damp fish... !? Ha....

While I'll move on to the rest of the forums... I'm really right now thinking about the selection process and the preparation for landing....

Looking forward to busting my assumptions over the coming months...

And... Thanks for the great welcome....everyone....

Grant

1 - 16 of 16 Posts