German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm Alexander, 41 (married, 2 kids) and this is my 4 months old male GS named "Bruno"

I'm from Thessaloniki, Greece.
Bruno is my first GS and the first dog I had on my own after a long period of time. My dad was a hunter and we always had hunting dogs, mostly Irish Setters and a couple of Deutsch Kurzhaars and till I was 18 and left the family home we had a small half-blooded Maltese around the house. Now that my kids are grown enough (9 & 10) to bare some of the responsibility, I've made my long time dream come true and became a "dad" of a beautiful West German Showline Shepherd, taken from a reputable local kennel.
Things didn't start so well since the little guy was having a severe case of diarrhea from the beginning and for about 2.5 weeks, and the diagnosis was Giardia. Then he came down with a mild Staphylococcal skin infection around the belly but with the recommended treatment we overcame very fast this problem too. Now Bruno is a happy 4 months old, beautiful fella, growing well and fast.

Greetings to you all. I hope to have a nice and informative journey here.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of German Shepherd Dog owner.

Reactions: aXer

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Welcome! What a handsome pup!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome! I was in Thessaloniki in 1978, guess it's changed a lot since then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome!! Bruno is so photogenic. I'll bet he will be lots of fun for you and your family.
Thanks.
The fun is incremental as the days go :)

Welcome! I was in Thessaloniki in 1978, guess it's changed a lot since then.
Thanks.
I wasn't even borned then.
But in June of 1978 Thessaloniki suffered a major earthquake which resulted in some building collapsing and 49 people dead :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts