German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around the forums for a few months and finally decided to register and introduce myself. I have owned hunting dogs in the past (English Setters, Boykin Spaniels, Labs), but have stopped hunting.

I firmly believe that a dog is born and bred to work and that they are only happy if they are given a purpose to live. It is a shame to own a dog, but not allow him to work at something.

Since GSD have a reputation for being "all around dogs" -- capable of performing a myriad of jobs -- and would serve as great companions/protectors for my family (wife and 2 boys, 9 and 12 yo), I have decided to make a switch.

I have decided on a Working Line instead of a Show Line GSD, and have a great hope to participate in the IPO world some day.

I have chosen "Happy Valley Kennel (http://www.happyvalleykennel.com/) - Krista Wade" (Middle Tennessee) as my breeder. Her stud dog is Berlin vom Glücklichen Tal, SchH3.

I have not received my puppy yet, but expect one to be ready at the end of this Summer or early Fall. I have requested a male that would be suitable for IPO work.

I would really like to get involved in club around the Memphis area. If you guys have any recommendations, please let me know.

Thank you guys for making this forum such a great resource of information.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome! Good luck in finding a club in your area. You may want to post that question in the forum section that has the IPO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts