German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow GSD lovers.

I love dogs, especially guard dogs like the GSD.

I haven't raised a GSD before, only rescued a few strays of mixed breeds and they don't work very well as guard dogs. As a responsible dog owner, I gotta make sure my would-be pet is comfortable and fits the criteria of living in its future home. I'll need all the advice and help I can get here. From where I come from, vets are very rare (it's a Muslim country) and there are some who are not qualified to be one... So please, any form of help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Are vaccinations available? If not, you would need to order some as well as worming medication to make sure your dog is disease and parasite free. Are you buying the dog from another country? There's a guy on this site named kidkhmer who lives in Cambodia and he has a gsd, maybe he could give you some help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are vaccinations available? If not, you would need to order some as well as worming medication to make sure your dog is disease and parasite free. Are you buying the dog from another country? There's a guy on this site named kidkhmer who lives in Cambodia and he has a gsd, maybe he could give you some help
I'm getting this GSD from an experienced breeder. Vaccinations can be expensive here. My old-schooled dad never believed in animal vaccinations and he'll go ballistic if he ever finds out that I'm gonna take the dog to a vet. But I don't care. The dog needs to be healthy in order to keep my house safe.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Welcome to the site! Hopefully we'll be able to see photos of your pup here as soon as you can get them up!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Welcome to you! I applaud your decision to insure your dog is safe and healthy. In addition to the vet care, consider some obedience training. If there are no trainers there you can purchase a few books and do it yourelf. I would recommend a few puppy development and puppy training books for you to read. They will help you understnad what your puppy needs to be a good dog as an adult.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome! There is a lot to consider when getting a GSD. It's great that you came here to get some advice and educate yourself before taking that leap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts